Friday, November 25, 2011

Movies on Farmville

I mentioned in an earlier post that I would talk about my personal experience with advertisements within social games. I was addicted to the social game, Farmville, earlier this year. Advertisers are able to promote their products by creating in-game items that can be used to benefit a user's farm. They are also able to advertise their products through a promoted farm. A Farmville user is able to visit the farm and receive free items that can be used on their farm. A promoted farm that I remember was the farm for the movie Megamind. By visiting that farm, I received some decorative items as well as an item that can be used to instantly grow crops. Movies continue to use social media games to advertise their products.


No comments:

Post a Comment